Listening is everything for the 356 million global users on Spotify. With more than 70 million tracks and 2.6M podcast titles to pick from, there’s a plethora of audio content to discover but we know nobody listens like you. So today, Spotify is launching Only You, an in-app experience and personalised playlists that celebrates just that.
While you’ll have to wait a few more months for Wrapped and the top lists of what soundtracked your 2021, Only You is all about celebrating how you listen and provides a Wrapped-like shareable experience that we know users will love. Plus, fans will receive new, personalised playlists as part of the Only You journey.
The Only You in-app experience helps you discover:
- Your Audio Birth Chart: Brought to life through the artists you listen to. Sun: the top artist you listened to over the last six months, Moon: an artist you listen to that best shows your emotional or vulnerable side and Rising: an artist you’ve recently connected with.
- Your Dream Dinner Party: The three artists you’d invite to the dinner party of your dreams. Once selected, Spotify will create a personalised Spotify Mix for each artist to set the mood.
- Your Artist Pairs: The unique audio pairings that you’ve listened to recently, showing your range of listening interests. For example, who else would play “Kabza De Small” right after “Spoegwolf?”
- Your Song Year: How you’ve musically travelled through different time periods.
- Your Time of Day: The music and podcast content you listen either early in the morning or late at night.
- Your Genres/Topics: How music and podcast genres set you apart based on your listening habits.
And as part of Only You, we’ll be rolling out a new personalised feature called Blend. Currently in beta, Blend is a new way for two friends to merge their musical tastes into one curated playlist made just for them. Updated daily, listeners can simply invite a friend to blend with, as long as they have a Spotify Free or Premium plan, and Blend will grow with each user over time based on how their listening changes. The feature is available globally and you can find the Blend beta experience in the ‘Made for Two’ shelf within the Only You hub.
While Only You celebrates the unique ways in which eligible users listen, we know that music brings people together and Blend is making it even easier for users to connect, discover and share the music they love with one another.
We’re also celebrating creators and their fandoms through data-driven creative, featuring unique stats for each creator such as:
- Only Harries eat watermelon for dinner. 43% of Harry Styles fans listen to “Watermelon Sugar” in the evening.
- Only Lil Nas X fans call him by his real name. Fans have created more than 97,924+ playlists with “MONTERO” in the title.
- Only Doja Cat fans speak fluent whale. Fans have listened to 4,050,732+ hours of whale sounds.
- Only Beliebers get this much Vitamin C. “Peaches” has been added to 6,438,037+ playlists.
- Only SZA fans could be this optimistic. “Good Days” is played 74,102,232+ times a day before noon.