So you have managed to land a job interview and just before they end the session they hit you with “Do you have any questions?” Instead of you saying no, here are some questions that you can ask that might get you that the job:
1. Does the company acknowledge diversity/inclusion?
2. Is there any provision for career progression?
3. What is the work-life balance in your organisation?
4. What is the management structure/reporting line?
5. Are there any development plans to remain competitive?
6. Where do you see the company in the next 5 years?
7. What is an example a client challenge you recently faced?
8. What would make someone really successful in this role?
9. What would your hesitation in offering me the position at this point? (Allows for you to address any weaknesses)
10. How will I be evaluated on my performance, by whom and how often?
11. If you could change anything about this company, what would it be?
12. Can I expect to receive some feedback on the outcome of this interview even if I’m unsuccessful?
13. What are your working hours?
14. Why is this position vacant?
15. Do you pay for overtime? If I work on Sunday does that count as overtime?
16. What is your favourite part about working at this company?
17. What do you see as the most challenging aspect of this job?
18. What are your expectations for this position during the first 30 days, 60 days and a year?
19. How long did the previous person last in this position and what has the turnover in this role generally been?
20. What is your timeline for the next steps?
Bonus Question – When do I start? This is a risky question to ask but hey, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain (or at least that’s how I see it ;))