Whenever I tell people that I meditate, the first thing that they usually ask me is “How do you do it?”, in a confused manner. Before I started out, I had no idea how to practice it. It’s really simple. All you need to do is close your eyes and focus on your breath. That’s it! I’m now going to walk you through a simple step-by-step process.
1) Sit comfortably with your back straight. This prevents you from falling asleep and makes it easier for you to breathe. You can sit on a chair, on the floor or in any other position. Sit in a position that keeps you comfortable.
2) Close your eyes
3) Relax your body. You can imagine energy flowing through your body, starting at your feet and ending at your head.
4) Focus on your breath. Don’t control it, just notice the natural rhythm of your breath.
5) Whenever you lose focus, simply bring your attention back to your breath.
6) After a few minutes, slowly open your eyes.
There you go! If you follow these steps, you can call yourself a meditator. There are many other meditation techniques but start off with this one. If you are interested in exploring other techniques, a quick google search will help you out.
This has been an excerpt adapted from the book Presto De-stressor. For more amazing content and matric study guides produced by Presto Academy, click the button below now!
By: Shivad Singh